TIME: 3-day sprint + 7 days | TOOLS: Pen, paper, Rhinoceros 3D, Photoshop, Illustrator | TEAM: For Sprint: Two design leads (incl. me), Two data analysts, Two motion designers. For Project: One designer/ project manager (me)
ABOUT THE BRAND
Viaplay is a leading nordic streaming service with millions of customers. With over 50 brands under their banner, their service offering includes streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and original content.
Viaplay’s strategy is to strengthen the family focus. Through research, they know that households with kids viewing are most satisfied with the service and stays on the longest as customers. To bring a stronger focus to this customer segment, Viaplay has now introduced
Viaplay Kids, with an interface and content specially designed for kids.
They aim to create a kids’ experience that not only engages the current audience and but also attracts new families. They want to do this by creating personalized experiences for each child where the child feels safe and free to explore.
Viaplay kids’ interface includes an animated character - a squirrel which will be an important part throughout Viaplay’s experience and content. Fixi’s personality is engaging, emotional, inclusive and responsible.
- To create a desirable and fun experience with Fixi, without encouraging an inactive lifestyle or make parents feel guilty.
- To scale fixi beyond the screen, always available in the Viaplay Kids experience and the nordic family households.
- Increase the number of “Active kids days” with the design. It is measured by the average number of visited days per month
As a participant in the design sprint, I was involved in all group tasks including ideation, prototyping, and presentations. I also facilitated a brainstorming session which led to two unique ideas. One of those was presented at the end of the sprint.
As a self-initiated project, I carried forward the second idea as a sole designer. I conceptualized the design, created 3d mock-ups and tested my idea with the target users.
"How might we...
- Scale Fixi beyond the TV
- Enrich kids' experiences with Fixi
- Make kids return to Fixi often and increase active(on-screen) kids days
- Be aware of the negative impact of screening on kids in mind?"
I decided to create a remote control of the kids to operate Viaplay kid's platform. The concept is to make it look like Fixi's robot arm.